Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where has my month gone?

My life is giving new meaning to the phrase "March Madness." The first few days started out pretty calm. The first weekend was going to be a busy one...I knew it would be. I had the Stride4Stroke the morning of the 6th. That night Chad and I went to see John Mayer at the Toyota Center. We were on the front row. It was a great show!! John Mayer has really toned down his douche-ness...I was pretty thankful for that. His outfit was somewhat douche-esque. Anyway, on our way to our pre-show dinner/drinking place, I got a call from my mom - she had my kids. My brother and Leah were in Austin for the weekend. Leah was out shopping and had, without going into detail, some complications with her pregnancy. Just a reminder, she was pregnant with twin boys, scheduled for delivery on April 30th. WELL...it appears those boys didn't want to wait that long. Where was I....Saturday the 6th, she's rushed to the hospital in Austin - did I mention they live in Houston? Leah and the boys were stable and she was adjusting to the fact that she would be in the hospital until the boys were born. They waited patiently (not) until March 9th. Those boys decided they were ready to meet everyone. What they really wanted was to share a birthday with their cousin, the Doodlebug. Oh yeah!! D-bug turned 5!!! More on that in a minute. So the twins are in the NICU in Austin - will probably be there until May. They both weighed 2 lbs. 15 oz. when they were born. They are now both a few ounces shy of 4 lbs and they have been breathing on their own since the day they were born. Leah is staying in Austin and my brother has returned to Houston to work during the week. It's hard for them to be away from home and it's hard for my brother to be away from his boys during the week but they are in good hands and are being taken care of in Austin. Some friends of theirs have started a blog for them to chronicle their journey. The link to their blog is over their on my list of blogs.

The Doodlebug turned 5!!! We had his party at his favorite place, Pump it Up, on March 7th. He had a great time....and so did we. He's starting kindergarten in August. Can you believe that? Chad and I went to kindergarten orientation the week before spring break and got all of his registration paperwork - haven't filled it out yet though. I'm excited though because he is going to be at my school and I'll get to peek in on him occasionally and get to be there when he does all of the cute things that kids do when they are in kindergarten and get to be there when he gets in trouble.

What else? My brother's bday was the 12th. I headed up to Austin to see my new nephews and to deliver bday presents on the 13th. Those boys are sooooo tiny. They had all kinds of stuff hooked up to them. But then we went back up there this past weekend and they look so much better. They have their baby color and they are opening their eyes and wiggling around and they don't have near as much stuff attached to them. Too cute!!

And to end the month, my dad's birthday is today. Happy Birthday! He celebrated his birthday with a delicious meal from....wait for it....Popeye's. I'm so not kidding. Actually, we celebrated all March birthday's and excitement in Austin this past weekend. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse was our place of celebration....so yummy.

I'm hoping for a calmer April. And I'm hoping to be able to post more often. As little as I post, I still post more than Carrie......

No comments:

Post a Comment