Saturday, October 16, 2010

Yesterday

So, yesterday I played a new game I invented called, "let's see how many activities I can do in one afternoon/evening and see how late I can stay up after being up since 5:30 in the morning." It was a fun game - here's how it goes. After work, I headed to the bowling alley where a small group of colleagues met for a couple of hours of bowling. Then Sarah and I headed to a jewelry party and I bought a couple of things that I absolutely had to have. We then headed to my house where our husbands and Royce & Michelle were waiting on us. We went to an Italian restaurant for dinner called Ciro's. We haven't been there in a long time - it was yummy. I had belinni's....it's been too long since I've had one of those....I missed them. Next up, we went to see Chuck's band, the Wedding Crashers. They play occasionally at a nice little hole in the wall. We stayed for one set. I think everyone in there was a friend or relative of the band...except for one not-so-sober dude at the bar. We walked in and he instantly thought he and Michelle were long lost BFF's. Then, in the men's room he told Jason that "it was all his fault." Jason: What is? Not-so sober dude: Everything!!! Sarah wasn't feeling well so she and Jason headed home. Chad & I and Royce & Michelle headed to the Hotel Sorella where Hamilton Loomis was playing. I don't think we had intended to stay as long as we did but they were really good so we stayed to the very end. They stopped playing a little after 1:00 AM. We finally headed home and I think we crawled into bed close to 2:00 AM. It was a fun evening. Hamilton is coming back on December 10th so perhaps we'll repeat the evening. I think that should give me enough time to recover.....

1 comment: